Living with joint pain can be frustrating and debilitating. It can make it difficult to perform everyday tasks, get a good night’s sleep, and stay active. If you’re looking for ways to ease your joint pain, you’re in luck. There are a number of things you can do to find relief. Here are 8 tips to ease joint pain.
1. Stay active. It may seem counterintuitive, but staying active is one of the best things you can do for joint pain. Exercise helps to strengthen the muscles around your joints, which can help to take some of the pressure off of your joints. Just be sure to start slow and listen to your body. If something hurts, stop doing it.
2. Eat well. Eating a healthy diet is important for overall health, but it’s also important for joint health. When you eat well, you help to ensure that your bones and joints are getting the nutrients they need to stay healthy and strong.
3. Lose weight. Carrying extra weight puts additional stress on your joints, which can lead to pain. If you’re carrying extra weight, talk to your doctor about a plan to lose weight safely and gradually.
4. Quit smoking. Smoking is bad for your overall health, but it’s also bad for your joint health. Smoking decreases blood flow to the extremities, which can lead to joint pain. If you smoke, quitting is one of the best things you can do for your joint pain – and your overall health.
5. Get enough sleep. When you don’t get enough sleep, your body doesn’t have a chance to repair itself from the day’s wear and tear – including any damage done to your joints during the day. Be sure to get 7-8 hours of sleep every night so that your body has a chance to rest and repair itself.
6. Take breaks throughout the day. When you overuse certain joints – such as by sitting at a desk all day – you can increase the amount of stress on those joints, which can lead to pain. To help reduce this stress, be sure to take breaks throughout the day. Stand up and move around every hour or so, or try using a standing desk.
7 . Use heat or cold therapy. Heat therapy can help relax muscles, while cold therapy can help reduce inflammation. Try using a heating pad or ice pack on painful joints for 20-30 minutes at a time several times per day.
8. Try CBD salve. Not many people know this, but hemp salves can be a helpful way to ease joint pain. CBD is known for its anti-inflammatory properties, which can help to reduce swelling and pain. Try rubbing a CBD salve into painful joints several times per day.
Joint pain might be something you have to live with, but that doesn’t mean you have to suffer. There are a number of things you can do to ease your joint pain. Try following these tips and see if you can find some relief. With a bit of luck, you’ll be able to find the relief you need to live a happier, healthier life.